Monday, May 17, 2010

Samapple and Friends


Well, it's been ages, and I thought an update was in order. Samapple is snug as a bug in our indoor garden, although Samapple's twin isn't doing so well. I think I'll sneak around in the night and take Samapple's twin away, that way she won't have to endure watching her twin whither and die.

Am I not merciful?

Samapple's friend is doing quite well itself, even though it didn't look that way during the winter months. Samapple's friend is an orchid, and requires quite a bit more care than any Pineapple baby I've yet met. The orchid is nameless right now. Any suggestions?
For the longest time the orchid was just a stick with five leaves. One leaf has since kicked the bucket, and the stick is finally budding - which is much more interesting. Have a look for yourself... Yes, there's a rock next to it on that ledge, and yes, they're friends. I think I'll name that rock... Jonas.

Right now I really can't be bothered to take photos of Samapple, so I'll do that later and put them in the next post.

Until then, auf Wiedersehen,
Samapple's mom.

No comments: