Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Phal-Harlequin Update

Pineapples. Lovely, lovely pineapples. I should probably go and buy one, plant it on my windowsill and watch it flourish. I'm in a sunnier region of the country these days. There's far less rain here, but far more snow, even in April!

Righto.
My Harlequin isn't looking so hot these days.
I propped it up against a clay pot I have, in which I'm growing several Heirloom tomatoes. Why does it need propping? It's the limpest leaf I've ever seen. And it's just the one. Those two and a half roots you see there? They're browning. One, on the far right in the foreground is all shriveled.

I can only assume the cause of the limp is too much water and not enough sun, while the yellowing and browning is caused by too much sun, while the lack of under-mix root system is caused by too much water, allowing for root-rot to flourish. Is this the end of my beautiful speckled Harlequin?


To better days...



No comments: