Thursday, September 16, 2010

O Summer, where hast thou gone?

It's been a good long time, and I'm no longer in contact with Samapple.. We had a falling out of sorts. I've got a replacement for Samapple though. I won't unveil it yet, however.

Now, I figure I'll post some photos of my sweet Orchid, because it's beauty tends to fade, and will do so in about three months (which is typically when the flowers will fall off). I didn't know this, but with a little looking around (read: Google), I discovered the name of this particular orchid; It's known as an Elegant Harlequin. Pretty sweet. Maybe a little promiscuous, but I love it all the same. And now, without further adieu!

Here it was as of July 2010.















And because my room has a North-facing window and wasn't giving it any sunshine, I moved my Phal(aenopsis) downstairs to our South-facing window. It did really well there, and here it is as of today.
















In this photo you can see the little bud that refuses to bloom. It's just right of the flower on the left in the foreground.


And here is a close-up of my pride and joy.


A friend of mine said that if she can't provide her mini-orchid with sufficient care (she's been doing a lot of over-time at work) she would give it to me, since I'm the only one she knows that has been able to get an orchid to re-bloom. I thought that funny since I haven't found my orchid to be too much of a difficulty in terms of re-blooming. It's just taken a lot of patience.

No comments: